Scripting language vs Programming language

I think this questions would be haunting in lot of mind's.

But I have my concerns with Programming language used for writing Functional automated tests.

At first instance I think programming languages like Java and .Net are too object oriented for automated tests, after all our purpose is to make the tests work easily not worrying too much about achieving object oriented design for that. And often reading back the scripts becomes too complicated because we (QAs) tend to follow what programming languages are intended for.

Other problem obviously is the skill you need to develop to write tests in these languages. As an Automated tester I really don't care about a method being declared as Public or Private or Static for that matter, what I really want is way to achieve "Reusability" in a simpler and effective way.

On the other hand I think scripting languages give you a free hand to use the language in a much simpler way and in a good enough, clean and effective way that you can make your automated testing framework more Robust, Reusable and at the same time easy to maintain for everyone.

So, I leave this topic for discussion here.

Pankaj

0 comments:

Post a Comment